WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Saturday, November 12, 2011

Single Servants

1Corinthians 7:32 "But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:"
On my trip to Indiana, a friend asked me to go to breakfast with her and some of her single friends (one of which is now married). It was a great time! We had Starbucks coffee and Panera Bread breakfast items. What a treat!!! It is always a blessing to get to know other single ladies who are faithfully serving in thier local church. The Bible says that the unmarried should care for the things of the Lord. If I am busy serving Him, there is no time to feel sorry for myself. Being single comes with many blessings and many eternal rewards.
After breakfast, my friend took me over to the dunes of Lake Michigan.
As we stood there on that shore, with the wind blowing and snowflakes fluttering, I was thankful that I obeyed God and went with our teen group to Indiana. Thank God for the simple things, like: contentment (most of the time), breakfast with old and new friends, the sand (that is now in my shoes), and the beauty of the falling snowflakes.