WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What does "assisting church planting missionaries" really mean?

Ask yourself this - "How much more could my local church grow if I gave up everything to get behind my pastor and his wife to help them serve God and be used by Him in my local church?" Our churches would be growing and productive places. We would be sending out church planters in the States and countries abroad. Friends, family members, and co-workers would be coming to church, receiving Christ and getting involved in the local church. Whole communities would start following God's Word instead of man's rules. Now think about how much it would mean for someone to get behind a missionary and his wife on a foreign field in a different culture, and with a different language. What an impact we could make on the world for Christ!

Don & Karen Kilmer have been serving the Lord among the Zulus in Durban, South Africa for over 17 years. During this time they have planted churches and seen many souls saved and growning in the Lord.

The village of Embo is a very large area with many people. Embo is known to be the village with the highest rate of aides in the world. The life expectancy is around 40 yrs of age. Many of the grandmothers in the village outlive thier own children. This leaves us with many children roaming the streets. The Kilmers have faithfully served in Embo through preaching, teaching, Bible Study, and discipleship ministries in order to plant more local churches in this vast area.
Just think about what their ministry would be like if they had one, or two, or many more to assist them with their church planting ministry~
Currently, along with all of his other preaching and teaching ministries, Mr.Kilmer teaches Friday Kids Club. When I get to South Africa, I can help with that responsibility, so he can spend more time preparing, preaching, teaching, holding more boys discipleship, and Bible Studies throughout the village.
How will my being there help Mrs.Kilmer? Well, it is always nice to have another lady to serve the Lord with! My being there will help in a number of ways.
I can help Karen with her many responsibilities like - paperwork, preparing for church services, cleaning the church and stacking and re-stacking the chairs, keeping the kids in order, helping to train some of the young ladies to serve in the local church, and also as a visitation partner (it is always safer to go by twos).
God has already allowed me to see that this is His place for me. Here are just a few ways that He has allowed me to already be used- During the 2 years that I taught VBS, 14 kids came to know Christ as their Savior. Thank you, Lord for using me!
I was able to witness to people in the community.
There is a school, just a few houses down from the church, that will not allow the Kilmers to come and teach the Bible during opening exercises. While I was there last, I met with the principle. She asked why I was in South Africa. I told her that I was asking the Lord if it was His will for me to come to South Africa to live and help the Kilmers with their ministry in Embo. Then I said to her, "If God allows me to come back to South Africa to help at the church in Embo, may I teach the Bible at your school?" She said, "Yes". God had already gone before me to prepare her heart for what I would ask. Think of all of the children who could learn about God's love for them through the sending of a Savior!
I have also been able to teach the children and work closely with a few of the single young ladies.
As you can see there is alot to be done and "so little time". The Bible says, "Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest." John 4:35 Everyday for me, is a day closer to getting to the mission field. Everyday, I think about each of those children. They are all about 3 years older than when I saw them last. How much have they grown physically? How about spiritually? What more can be done for God's glory among the people of Embo?