WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Travel Journal: Teen Competition

Here is a look at the competitions that our teens participated in for the last two days. The college has this competition in preaching, vocal music, instrumental music, storytelling, and girls' 5-on-5 volleyball. Everything is done to help the teens learn to prepare for ministry (except volleybal, that is). Volleyball is purely for fun!
Our church had two teams and they ended up having to play eachother in the second round. They were pretty competitive too.

On Wednesday morning our two Bible quizzing teams went against 8 or 9 other churches.
These three young ladies from our church were the overall winners. they really did a great job!

Others compeated in instrumental and vocal solos.





And a few of our young men preached.
It really was a great day to see how the Lord could use these young people for His glory!

No comments: