WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independance in Christ!

Every year my friend Amy and I have a Fourth of July tradition. We spend the weekend together. One year it is at my house and the next at hers. This time we spent the weekend at her house.
As I was getting my stuff out of the truck at her house a lady about my age was walking by. Doing the normal 'Gina- thing' I said "Hello!". The lady(Liz)came over and started talking. I could tell that Liz was happy that I spoke to her because I am sure not many people want to engage in conversation with her. Liz was embelished with many tatoos all over her body, her hair was a rainbow of color and her nose was pierced. She was a bubbly girl with an open personality. As I started to witness to her, my friend also came out. Liz shared that she followed the Shaman religion and that she has read every holy book. We shared with her the Gospel and that Jesus Christ is the only way. This proceeded with the Bible as God's Word, not just a holy book. She listened as we shared that there is not many ways to heaven, but only one.
As she walked away I prayed that Liz would soon find her independance from sin through Jesus Christ. How many other people out there are decieved by satan to belive that they are going to Heaven.
Thank you God for freedom found in Christ alone!

No comments: