WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WY Day #4 Monday VBS

Our day started with a group Bible study & prayer. What excitement filled the air all day long as our team anticipated our first day of VBS.

The tasks ahead of us today were:
~ preparing the buildings for VBS by- cleaning, vacumming & helping the church ladies with last minute decorations & set-up
~ helping ith food prep
~ fellowshipping with the church people

My mom has been a special blessing today. Many of the ladies have never worn or made cullottes. So they had a sewing party. As I was studying my lesson downstairs, I could hear the laughter from upstairs. The Lord has truly used my mom already in the lives of these ladies.

Here are some pictures of VBS.
We had 27 kids, 3 age groups, and we served in many ways to help and teach.
Cathy and I playing games with the kids.

My mom and other ladies helped thier class with the crafts.

Anna & I taught 4-6th graders.

Please continue to pray for more children to come, for each helper & worker, and for kids, parents, and grandparents to be saved and added to the church.

No comments: