WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, July 11, 2011

WY Day #2

Today, our morning started with a delicious breakfast made entirely by a man from the church.
After delicious food and fellowship we headed out into the community to hand out VBS & church fliers. Our group paired up and went door-to-door with each other and some of the church people.
After our visitation we headed over to a local park and had a picnic.
The pastor's family also brought over thier horses for us to ride. What a treat!
On the way back from the picnic we took a lady from church with us to get fabric to make a pair of culottes. Thank the Lord for my mom - the great seamstress!
In the evening we continued to cut out Betty Lukens flannel graph which will be used for VBS and be a gift for the pastor's family.

No comments: