WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Friday, October 7, 2011

Traveling with a Friend


Two weekends ago, I had the blessing of taking a friend with me to visit some churches in VA. Melanie served with me at the camp ministry for about a year before going off to Bible College. Now she is home and was able to go with me to VA.


Melanie and I spent time together exploring the coast. We enjoyed watching the seagulls (even though they tried to steal our lunch).

We explored the tidal pools and I laughed as Melanie tried to catch the fiddler crabs.

We visited Assateague & Chincoteague, VA where I used to go every summer on family vacation. The wild ponies grazed along the road where we drove.

The lighthouse was great and took forever to climb, but was worth it when you got out on the landing and saw the view.


We really enjoyed exploring God's creation and are thankful for the time we could spend together. I was also blessed to be able to share a testimony at both of the churches we attended. One of those churches has already scheduled me for a meeting! Praise the Lord!

No comments: