WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Friday, October 14, 2011

Mud, Mud, and More Mud

When you travel to so many differant places, like I do, you get into many differant circumstances. This weekend I followed my family to the mountains of Northern PA. They will be hunting during this time and I will be doing painting at the cabin, making phone calls and follow-ups for more meetings, and on Sunday will visit some new churches. I am so thankful for this opportunity for two reasons- first of all, I will get to spend time with my family and secondly, free lodging while traveling to and from church meetings.
Last night, we picked dad up after work around 11pm and made our way up North through the rain showers. We arrived at the family cabin around 3:30am. my truck does not have 4wd so my wise father chained my truck to his so that I could get up the lane by tow. The rain has damaged many bridges and some towns nearby were under water because of flooding. Our lane to the cabin was very bad a few weeks ago. It has large ruts on both sides of the lane. When it rains, the lane looks like a small creek rolling down the mountain. The pictures below show what my truck looks like after coming up the lane.
My dad says it was just a little training for when I go to South Africa. Our village suffers from mud slides during the year.

No comments: