WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, October 17, 2011

My Walk with the Lord

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in His love, he will joy in Thee with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

I just love to have my quiet time with the Lord outside. It seems that wherever I travel on deputation, there is always a place where I can have my devotions outside. This morning, I had a chance to just sit on the front porch and allow Him to talk to me through His Word. After that I took a walk and talked to Him.
Most of the leaves are already off the trees here, but I thought my readers might enjoy seeing the splendor of His creation.
Isaiah 30:21 "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."
2Corinthians 5:7 "(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)"
Col. 1:10 "That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;"
Col. 2:6 "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:"
Col. 4:5 "Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time

1John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

3John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."


I have not always had the close walk that I should have had with my Lord. There have been times when it seems that the Lord is so far away from me, but now I know it was because I was actually not close to Him. I am thankful for the sweet time of fellowship that I am able to have with my God. He is so precious to me! The Bible places an importance on our "walk" by the many times the word is used. I used just a few of those verses with the pictures from my walk today.

No comments: