WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"A Fungus is Amongus!"

When I was growing up in elementary school we had many funny sayings. What were some of the funny things you said in elementary school? We sure do funny things when we are young! I forget most of those silly things I did in elementary school, but one of those funny sayings came to mind the other week.
Just before the leaves begain to fall, some strange things started to pop-up outside my house. I almost missed seeing them because I just dash about going to and fro with busyness. One day I dropped something and leaned down to pick it up. My eyes fell on this strange thing.
How beautiful! It was colorful like a flower, but what is it? It is a fungus!!!
When I stood up and looked around I saw more strange growths popping up from the earth.
They were differant, colorful, and strange works of art.

Some were white,
Some are yellow,
Some might even scare a fellow.

Each artful creation had a differant shape and size.
What do you think they look like?

Each of these little pieces of art reminded me of that saying in elementary school - "A fungus is among us". Did you ever say that? We said that if someone in our class had athletes foot. Noone wanted to get that strange fungus.
Our christian life is like that sometimes. We may have sin fungus growing in our lives. When it pops-up, it may seem beautiful and fun, but in the end it is really fungus. All of these strange growths came up over night. There was no evident prelude to thier arrival. BOOM! The next day they showed up. Why? Because there was just the right amount of bacteria growing in the soil.
What is groing in the soil of your heart? After taking the pictures of the fungus', I began to ponder the things in my life that may be bacteria. How far will I let sin reign in my life? Far enough to grow fungus?
I wonder, "Is there a fungus amongus???"
Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
2Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2Peter 3:18 "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen."

No comments: