WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, October 17, 2011

Saturday - paint, games,...

Saturday was a busy day. I worked on finishing the work that I had started on painting my Great-Aunt & Uncle's room.

The finishing touch was to add some birds and a Scripture verse.

Over thier bed I added a small deer. Our family cabin is mostly used for deer hunting so I thought this would be a nice touch.

Next, I finished painting some trees in my brother's room.

Here are a few things that you might also find in the upstairs hallway.

One of my favorite things to do is to paint. I believe I like it so much because it reminds me of what God has done in my life. He has taken my old self and made it new. The reason I like painting so much is to see the finished product. It makes you feel like you have accomplished something when you take something old, broken, and ugly and restore it to look beautiful, valueable, and useful again.
Revelation 21:5 "And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

No comments: