WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, October 10, 2011

A Home in Heaven

Just the other week I spoke to Karen Kilmer on the phone. She told me that my dear friend "Gogo Christina" went to be with the Lord. Ps 116:15 "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints."
I have only known my dear friend during 2 shorterm mission trips to help the Kilmers in South Africa. Her testimony pleases the Lord. Although she was old when she came to know Christ as her Savior, she still delighted in Him.
My "Gogo" would walk about 2 hours up the steep hill to come to church on Sundays. She would walk for a while and then sit and rest, walk, then rest.
She not only walked that steep hill to church, but also came early to help get everything ready for service.
Our prayer for the ministry among the Zulus is that more people would come to know Christ as thier Savior earlier in life than "Gogo Christina" did. Even though she did not have many years as a christian, she loved Him with all her heart, listened to His Word preached, and took opportunities to serve Him.

This picture was taken the last time I saw my "Gogo". Karen took me to see her just before I left for the States. Our visit was bittersweet. I told her I had to return home and that I was seeking the Lord's will about returning to help the Kilmers as a full-time missionary. She looked at me with a smile and said, "I know that the Lord will lead you back here". She was right. As I said my last goodbye and turned to leave she said, "If I don't see you when you return, I will see you in Heaven". That moment I knew that she was certain about her place for eternity. Over these last years I have prayed for that dear lady. Only knowing her for 2 short years, but loving her because of our Savior. Her picture is on my wall and as I pray for the Zulus everyday, I am reminded of all of the change that happened in the life of my dear "Gogo" because of the day that she came to know Christ as her personal Savior.
Her parting was sad for me because in the back of my mind I had always hoped to see her one more time before she went to be with the Lord. On the other hand, I am happy for her. She has a home in Heaven and a chance to be with her Savior. May many more Zulu ladies come to know Christ as thier Savior and experience the joy of serving Him till the end of thier days.

No comments: