Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Will Go!

Last week our chior was practicing a song called "I Will Go". It brought me back to the time when I was fasting and praying about going to the mission field. My dad and I had set aside over 6 months to pray and seek godly counsel about it. Those months went by at a good pace and God clearly revealed His will through His Word, my pastor, my father, and the need in the Kilmer's ministry in South Africa.
Little did I know all of the things that would come about since I said those three powerful words - "I WILL GO"! As the chior continued to sing, I also thought,wow, it sounds so easy. You just say "I will go".
"I will go" sounds like I can just go right now. Oh how we desire that would be true. Lately, I have been heavily burdened to be on that mission field where God has led me to be. Praise the Lord for 55% of my support. The other 45% seems so huge to me when I want to "GO".
Going is not always in the getting there, it is in the journey. When I was a teenager my dad said, "Lets go take a 2-day drive along the shore" We made some great memories during that trip. Most of those memories are not from seeing the shore, but from our journey to and from the shore. The Lord has truly been my Provider, Deliverer, and Friend during this "going" stage as a missionary.
One of the ladies that I teach with in 4&5 yr. olds pointed at a map on our wall and asked the kids, "How does Miss Gina get to South Africa?" Of course, they pointed from the USA to Africa. She said "No! First, Miss Gina goes to VA, RI, MD, AL, WY,....and then she goes to South Africa". They just looked at her like she was crazy. Why not just go to South Africa? God has a bigger plan for us when we say, "I will go".
That commitment means I will go where You lead me and share the burden that you have given me for the Zulu people. I have learned so much from my "goings" this past year and a half. Yes, I can't wait to get to South Africa, but I wonder where my "goings" will take me next on my journey to the mission field.
This week is our Annual Missions Conference at Mt. Zion Baptist Church (7pm Wed-Fri). My prayer is that others will anwer the Lord by saying, "I WILL GO".

No comments: