WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, October 31, 2011

Mt.Zion Baptist Church Missions Conference 2011

My home church has the best Annual Missions Conference! I was excited to be able to attend this year. Our theme for 2011 was "Send the Light!" It was exciting to see how the Lord used each message that was preached to bring forth the truth of our need to send the Light.
John 1:9 "That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."
John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."
John 3:20 "For every one that doeth evil hateth the Light, neither cometh to the Light, lest his deeds should be reproved."
John 8:12 "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of life."
John 9:5 "As long as I am in the world, I am the Light of the world."


The children's and adult chior sang of our need to pray, give to, and go to the mission field. God certainly used His Word through through the preaching and songs to work in each of our lives and to stir our hearts for souls.
John 12:35 "Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the Light with you. Walk while ye have the Light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
John 12:36 "While ye have light, believe in the Light, that ye may be the children of Light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide Himself from them."
John 12:46 "I am come a Light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness."

No comments: